After the holiday season of eating, drinking and merriment many fitness centers see a rise in gym membership and attendance. However, regardless of this enthusiasm statistics show that gym attendance is typically back to its regular numbers by mid-February. No matter what your New Years health and wellness goals involve here are a few simple tips to stick with your good intentions.
- Write down your goal. Putting pen to paper helps many people make a more specific, measurable and achievable goal.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask how to use a new machine, a piece of lifting equipment or the proper technique for a particular exercise.
- Make a schedule. To accomplish any goal you have to manage your time wisely. Pick a time of day that is sustainable for focusing on your goals.
- Diversify your wellness routine. Goals are about results and there are multiple ways to get results. Experiment with new exercises and foods to achieve your goal
- Find accountability. To stay on track schedule a time with a personal trainer of fitness coach. Find a workout buddy or use a digital fitness tracker to give you honest feedback.
A bonus tip that’s always well received is Reward Yourself. No one has to be told twice to cut themselves a little slack. Treat yourself to a little relaxation on your day off from working out or plan a fun event to look forward to celebrating your accomplishments.