Firing up the grill helps many people relax and reconnect with the outdoors. Grilling can help produce a simple yet flavorful meal. It doesn’t require any high-tech gadgets, but a few tips and tricks can help make your outdoor experience even more delicious. Grilling season is usually synonymous with a good old-fashioned hamburger.
Here are three tips for making a juicy burger on the grill:
- Use quality ingredients such as Clearly Organic Black Peppercorn, kosher salt, fresh roasted garlic, herbs, and caramelized onions.
- A little topping goes a long way. Adding bacon, avocado or fresh tomatoes on top of your hamburger patty adds a lot of zip.
- Quality burgers need a quality bun. Choose a fresh bakery made bun.
Here are four simple grilling tips. Whether you’re using a charcoal grill or a gas grill, these principles can still apply:
- Allow time for your grill to preheat. Let the grill get hot enough for you to be able to hold your hand over it for two seconds, but need to pull away after that.
- Allow time to sear. Searing helps lock in the meats’ juices. Flipping your meat or veggies too often can result in a dry product.
- Save marinade to brush on while the meat is cooking. If you marinate chicken, fish or pork, save some of the valuable juice to brush on while the protein cooks.
- A fun food to grill is sliced lemon. They can add a delightfully sweet and smoky flavor to fish, pork, chicken and grilled vegetables.